Training Run 219 hours of classroom type instruction, physical fitness and reange training.
Officers joining the Taylor Auxiliary must complete the 18 weeks of training, which consists of the following:
- Rules and Regulations
- Close order drill
- Radio procedures
- Map reading and test
- Haarddous materials
- Field interviewa and field notebook
- Self defense spray
- CPR and first aide
- Blood bone pathogens
- Self defense and testing
- Crowd control
- Introduction to patrol vehicle
- Vehicle approach
- Training ride
- Traffic control
- Domestic violence
- Common Law
- Fire extinguishers
Curriculum identified as general and not the total content.
After Graduation you will be required to attend monthly meeting and qualify every six months with your firearm. They must work at least 20 hours per month at details and scheduled road patrol and assist the Taylor Police department as needed.
CLASSES STARTING IN FEBRUARY 2014
- US citizen
- 21 years old by the start of training
- High School graduate or equivalent (G.E.D)
- Valid Michigan driver license
- Physically and mentlly able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to perform all of the
established duties and responsibilities related to the position.
- Ability to pass a background check and any other investigation deemed necessary
- Ability to successfully complete the basic curriculum as determined by the Taylor Auxiliary
-Must have or obtain CPL permit by the time training is completed