- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least 21 years of age with demonstrated maturity and judgment.
- High school or GED certificate required.
- Valid Michigan driver license.
- Have the ability to read and write the English language.
- Have not been convicted of a felony.
- Must have or obtain CPL permit by the time training is completed.
- Live close enough to be able to respond; within a 40-minute commute.
- Possess good reputation, criminal, and traffic records.
- Physically and mentally able to perform all of the established duties and responsibilities related to the position.
- Members must attend a minimum 10 of the scheduled 12 meetings during the year.
- Auxiliary officers must ride patrol on a scheduled basis, a minimum of 20 hours a month unless specifically excused.
- All applications will be reviewed and applicants will undergo a background investigation. Only applicants meeting the needs of the department will be selected.
- All applicants are subject to local record check, fingerprint, state, and FBI record checks.
- Ability to successfully complete the basic curriculum as determined by the Taylor Auxiliary Police Department.
- The above is only a portion of the rules and regulations that govern the operation of the Taylor Auxiliary Police Department.
Download Application through link below, Fill out completely and return one of the three ways listed above.
23513 goddard, Taylor MI