Curriculum identified as general and not the total content.
After Graduation you will be required to attend monthly meeting and qualify every six months with your firearm. You must work at least 20 hours per month at details, scheduled road patrols, and assist the Taylor Police department as needed.
CLASSES STARTING March 2019
- US citizen
- 21 years old by the start of training
- High School graduate or equivalent (G.E.D)
- Valid Michigan driver license
- Physically and mentally able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to perform all of the
established duties and responsibilities related to the position.
- Ability to pass a background check and any other investigation deemed necessary
- Ability to successfully complete the basic curriculum as determined by the Taylor Auxiliary
-Must have or obtain CPL permit by the time training is completed
- Live close enough to be able to respond; within a 40 minute commute.
-Have internet access and ability to receive text messages.